:: Edgeliving: Master Jim and slave marsha ::

A periodic account of edgeliving as practiced by Master Jim and slave marsha, including their thoughts on M/s relationships and a calendar of their speaking engagements
:: welcome to Edgeliving: Master Jim and slave marsha :: bloghome | contact ::
May 2003June 2003July 2003August 2003September 2003October 2003November 2003December 2003January 2004March 2004April 2004May 2004June 2004July 2004August 2004December 2004March 2005April 2005May 2005June 2005July 2005August 2005September 2005March 2006August 2006September 2006September 2007October 2007August 2008
[::..recommended..::]
:: Master Jim and slave marsha's Calendar [>]
:: Seminars Offered by Master Jim and slave marsha [>]
:: South Plains Leatherfest [>]
:: slave marsha's LLC9 Keynote Address [>]
:: Who Are Master Jim and slave marsha? [>]
:: Master Jim's Keynote Address from The Masters' Retreat, July 2003 [>]
:: slave marsha's Keynote Address from Southwest Leather Weekend, December 2003 [>]
:: Discuss Edgeliving

:: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 ::

Service: The Life Blood of a M/s Relationship
Part 1

As I have said here before, I see control as the heart of a Master/slave relationship. In order for the heart to continue a strong and steady beat, it requires life-sustaining blood. That blood is service. Service in all its magnificent and mundane forms is the life blood of an M/s relationship. Individuals who are wired as slaves thrive on providing service. The reason for their very being is to offer to service, to be of service to their owner. That service may be offered by a tuxedoed, white-gloved slave who brings her owner coffee and cigars on a gleaming silver platter; or by a slave in a grimy, sweat-stained tee-shirt holding a toothbrush he has used to clean the toilet; or by plainly dressed slave who has just finished his Master’s daily email correspondence; or by a naked slave who has just provided her Mistress with a bath and massage.

You get the idea: service comes in an infinite variety of forms and the only definition of service that applies to your M/s relationship is the one you give it. In other words, the service a slave provides to an owner is the service an owner wants that slave to provide.

Having made that generalization, I now want to divide service into two broad categories: direct and indirect. I define direct service as those things that are provided to an owner that meet his or her personal needs. Service that falls into this category include valet tasks and personal attendant services (cleaning, grooming, massage, sex). Indirect service is those tasks that contribute to the coordination of the owner’s life and work. Service that falls into this category include secretarial duties and administrative tasks.

It is true that an owner can and must be the one to determine which tasks and services are to be performed by the slave. It is also true that an owner can require that 100 percent of the slaves time be devoted to either direct or indirect service since the services that are provided should be designed to improve the owner’s quality of life and to meet the task-needs of the owner. As my own Master/slave relationship developed, however, I found I was requiring that slave marsha provide me with more and more indirect service. Almost all of her time was taken up by administrative tasks that included managing my correspondence, managing my calendar, planning my trips, developing my speaking outlines, and coordinating the events that I produce. She was providing me very little in the way of direct service, and, in fact, I often told her that direct service was not very important to me, and that I had her doing what most needed to be done.

There is no question that the services I had slave marsha providing me were and are important.; however, I had an opportunity to be reintroduced to personal, direct service and found out how much I missed that kind of service. I also discovered how much slave marsha longed for the opportunity to provide direct service to me. As a result, I have realigned what I require of my slave so that she can, on a regular basis, provide service to me inside of the magic circle… the circle she will now describe in Part 2.

In leather,
Master Jim

:: 6:16 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?